Nicolas is available to appear as a guest performer with professional string ensembles, choirs, orchestras, church groups, dance troupes, and more. Nicolas's traditional folk training allows him to accompany a wide range of musicians, improvise with ease and add spark by filling in with chords and arpeggios.
If your ensemble are interested in exploring Latin American music, your performance may be enhanced by the rich and intricate sounds of the Paraguayan harp. Nicolas can accompany your groups for a single musical piece, several selections, an entire performance or work with you to create the programme and help introduce professional or student musicians to Latin American folk music traditions and educate them on another concept of developing music.
Nicolas Carter and Elizabeth Barnes, director of Vox Corda String Orchestra, can provide music scores and arrangements for string orchestras for traditional melodies such as El Condor Pasa (traditional Peruvian) Llegada (traditional Paraguayan), and Asuncion (traditional Paraguayan).
Nicolas Carter has appeared as a guest performer with many groups, including:
- The Vox Corda String Orchestra, an orchestra committed to crossing boundaries between western, classical string orchestra music and the string music and instruments of different cultures.
- Viva City Student Concert, a Minneapolis Public Schools project culminating in a concert at Orchestra Hall showcasing the artistic achievements of 400 student band performers after several months of classroom learning.
- East Metro Symphony Orchestra, a 60-piece community orchestra that provides a broad range of educational, multicultural, and inspirational orchestral experiences to East Metro communities.
- World Voices Chorale Ensemble, a musical ensemble of 40 singers dedicated to performing and global music to foster understanding and unity among people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Marty Haugen, Donna Peña and Friends: We Come Dancing concert, a true Advent celebration, featuring music from around the world.
|< Prev||Next >|